On the main stage at Ascent Conference 2018, MLB All Star and Venture Capitalist Ryan Howard will sit down with SeventySix Capital Managing Partner and Founder, Wayne Kimmel for an in-depth fireside chat on the investment landscape in sports tech. They'll discuss the best and worst parts of investing in the space, what specifically got Ryan interested in venture capital, and where they see the future of sports as it relates to technology startups. The SeventySix Capital fund, led by Kimmel, Howard, and Jon Powell, invests in passionate entrepreneurs launching game-changing tech startups in the sports, health, and retail industries.
Ryan Howard joined SeventySix Capital as a Partner in 2017 after a long and extremely successful career in the MLB. He was the 2005 Rookie of the Year, 2006 National League MVP, and 2008 World Series Champion with the Philadelphia Phillies. He was the fastest player in Major League Baseball history to reach both 100 and 200 career home runs.
Ryan Howard joins an all-star speaker lineup at Ascent Conference 2018 alongside:
- Kenneth Lin, Founder & CEO at Credit Karma
- Mignon Clyburn, FCC Commissioner
- Luis von Ahn, Co-Founder & CEO at Duolingo
- Dennis Crowley, Co-Founder & Executive Chairman at Foursquare
- Joseph Lubin, Founder at ConsenSys
- Jade Scipioni, Reporter at FOX Business
- Paul Liberman, Co-Founder & COO at DraftKings
- Joanne Wilson, Angel Investor at Gotham Gal
- Erik Nordlander, Partner at GV
- Joanne Chen, Partner at Foundation Capital
- Elizabeth Galbut, Managing Partner at SoGal Ventures
- Ayesha Kiani, Managing Director at Republic
- Kevin Delaney, President & Editor in Chief at Quartz
- Isaac Oates, Founder & CEO at Justworks
See the full speaker lineup at: www.ascentconf.com/#speakers
About Ascent Conference 2018
Ascent is New York City's preeminent tech conference, October 3-4, 2018. 2000 investors, founders, and c-level executives will converge on Pier 36 in Manhattan for two days of talks, panels, pitching sessions, roundtables, workshops, and much more. 200 startups have been hand-picked to exhibit and pitch to industry-specific investors, and the top 15 will get to pitch on the main stage in front of a 1000-seat audience to close out the event.
Early Bird Passes are available for a limited time at www.ascentconf.com/#register
Contact: Troy Runsten, firstname.lastname@example.org