StartUp Health's Global Army Of Health Transformers On Quest To Achieve 10 Health Moonshots Convenes In San Francisco
NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- StartUp Health is organizing and supporting a global army of Health Transformers to achieve 10 Health Moonshots with a 25-year mission to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. StartUp Health will march its growing army -- its largest ever -- to San Francisco on January 9th and 10th for the fifth straight year to participate in the StartUp Health Festival, which takes place during the 35th Annual JP Morgan Healthcare Conference.
More than 2,000 of the most inspiring Health Transformers, entrepreneurs, innovators, and investors from around the world will convene for this one-of-a-kind experience, taking place at the StartUp Health Cafe near Union Square in Francisco, CA. The two-day Festival is a unique opportunity for Health Transformers to collaborate on ten of the most critical Health Moonshots essential to improving global health:
- Access to Care Moonshots: Deliver quality care to everyone, regardless of location or income
- Cost to Zero Moonshots: Radically reduce the cost of care by a factor of a million
- Cure Disease Moonshots: Cure disease, including rare and chronic disease, using data, tech and personalized medicine
- Cancer Moonshots: End cancer as we know it
- Women's Health Moonshots: Prioritize women's health, including preventive care and new research
- Children's Health Moonshots: Ensure every child has access to quality care, particularly in underserved areas
- Nutrition and Fitness Moonshots: Ensure everyone has access to safe food and water and leads a healthy and active lifestyle
- Brain Health Moonshots: Unlock the mysteries of the brain to improve health
- Mental Health Moonshots: De-stigmatize mental health and connect mind, body and spirit
- Longevity Moonshots: Add 50 healthy years to every human life
"The StartUp Health Festival is a super-charged experience for Health Transformers and changemakers who believe exponential progress is possible and who are committed to collaborating," said StartUp Health CEO and co-founder Steven Krein. "By organizing a global army of Health Transformers working together on achieving Health Moonshots, we aim to make 100 years of progress in 25 years."
In addition to nearly 200 Health Transformers from StartUp Health companies, some of the participating industry leaders include:
- Jonathan Bush, CEO, athenahealth
- Steven Corwin, MD, President & CEO, NY-Presbyterian Hospital
- Toby Cosgrove, MD, CEO & President, Cleveland Clinic
- Esther Dyson, Executive Founder, Way to Wellville
- David Feinberg, MD, CEO, Geisinger Health
- Clark Golestani, CIO, Merck
- Jena Hausmann, CEO, Children's Hospital Colorado
- James Hereford, CEO, Fairview Health
- Vinod Khosla, Founding Partner, Khosla Ventures
- David Kirkpatrick, Chief Techonomist, Techonomy
- Amy Landucci, Global Head Digital Medicines Lead, Novartis
- Bill McDermott, CEO, SAP
- Steven Nelson, VP Corporate Strategy & Planning, Anthem
- Mike Pellini, MD, CEO, Foundation Medicine
- Gil Peri, SVP & CSO, Children's Hospital of Colorado
- Arthur M. Southam, MD, EVP Health Plan Operations, Kaiser Permanente
- Wendy Sue Swanson, MD, Executive Director of Digital Health, Seattle Children's Hospital
- J. Craig Venter, PhD, Co-Founder, Executive Chairman & CEO, Human Longevity, Inc.
- James Wall, MD, Pediatric Surgeon, Stanford Children's Health
- David Werry, VP & Head of Consumer Health Products, Aetna
- Richard Zane, MD, CIO, UCHealth
"Something magical happens when you bring together a group of entrepreneurs and leaders all passionate about transforming health, wellness and healthcare," said Unity Stoakes, President and co-founder of StartUp Health. "That's why StartUp Health is organizing a generation of Health Transformers with bold dreams who are committed to achieving Moonshot challenges many still believe can never be conquered."
"If you really want to change the world, you change people's lives, inside and out, spiritually and physically," said Jerry Levin, Chairman of StartUp Health. "That's the broadest definition possible of society's health -- the world's health -- and this change can only come from the moonshot mindset of entrepreneurial innovation."
"Over the past five years, we've organized thousands of entrepreneurs, innovators and organizations committed to transforming health," Krein added. "In addition to rapidly growing this global force, StartUp Health and our partners have made a long-term commitment and are investing in seeing these 10 Health Moonshots to fruition. There's no end until our mission of improving global health is accomplished."
Watch the video >